2018: In February, Greg Plotnikoff wrote that meetings are a great opportunity for:
- Community: to connect with colleagues with similar concerns, beliefs. You are not alone.
- Conversation: to exchange, deepen and strengthen one’s thoughts. Your insights are important to share. We are all teachers and we are all learners.
- Catching Up: to learn of what has happened and what is pending relevant to health care policy and funding. You need to know what is not in the media and important issues that float under the political radar.
- Consensus: to identify key leverage points and deadlines. Together, we need to know what is possible and when actions are most needed.
- Coordination: to sequence, prioritize and coordinate efforts to optimize key leverage points. There is strength in our numbers and there is power in our synergy and intellectual talent.
- Convener: to discuss Health Care re-design, changes, future trends, and so forth.